Our single-storey Hudson Houses include the rooms you want from a sitting and dining area as well as a kitchen, bathroom and bedrooms. They are ideal as Granny Annexes or simply an external building to offer more space than your existing house.
We offer an extremely wide range of options to suit your needs, including accessibility items, kitchen and bathroom designs as well as customising the exterior materials and look to blend in with any home and garden.
We have developed a range of houses/annexes that do not need Planning Permission and we will obtain a Certificate of Lawful Development from the Council to formally approve this. Hudson Houses are built strictly to UK Building Regulations and exceed the insulation requirements offering a perfect all-year-round comfortable home in the garden.
Why choose Hudson for your build?
Fast to build and virtually zero disruption Because we construct our buildings off-site we can complete your new building in a very short time, which means minimal disruption to you, and no need to move out. With Hudson, your new garden building is up and running much faster compared with a loft conversion or traditional brick built extension, giving you a productive space months sooner than the other alternatives.
Our complete ‘turn-key’ service Everything from site inspection through to decoration and landscaping. Our service includes Certificate of Lawful Development/Planning Approval and Building Regulations (if required – see below), full project management – in fact all the support you need to ensure the building is complete and ready to move in.
Do I need planning permission for a Hudson Home? Generally the answer is no as we will obtain a Certificate of Lawful Development. However, if it is necessary then don’t worry, as we have years of experience in gaining planning consent. If you talk to us first, before you contact your local authority, we will be able to advise you on whether planning permission is required and handle all the negotiations and applications with your Local Council for you.
A permanent solution Our houses are fully insulated for permanent, all-year-round use. We offer high-impact internal cladding to withstand daily wear and tear, to make sure your garden lodge building still looks great after many years of use.
Designed by you, with our help
We will visit you at home, and take the time to guide you through all of the following options to make sure your new garden office building meets your specific needs:
- External cladding and colour schemes: use subtle tones to blend into a rural or classical environment, or bold primary colours for a modern appearance
- A very wide range of internal colours for both walls and ceilings: you don’t have to settle for pine cladding if you don’t want to!
- Additional rooms: create rooms for privacy, meetings, storage, or a reception area.
- Heating: in addition to our standard fitted electric convector heaters, you can choose to add air conditioning
- Windows and doors: are fully double glazed. Choose from options for French doors, sliding doors, as well as full length screen windows or Velux roof lights.
- Roof styles: Choose a pitched roof for a classic and traditional feel, or a mono-pitch roof for a more contemporary look.
For further information and costing, please contact us to book a site visit and/or for a detailed quotation.